This website is the current Oxfordshire guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure.
Approved by Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group . The content is written by consultant cardiologists from Oxford University Hospitals NHS foundation trust.
- Diagnosis and initial treatment of heart failure, including BNP testing
- Expected treatment pathways for patients with heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction
- Checklist for regular review of patients with heart failure
- Referrals and clinics
- Medications and local heart failure formulary
- Renal issues in patients with heart failure
A summary of the main points of guidance is available on this page, and also as a downloadable PDF below.
Full list of all GP advice pages
- Useful websites and telephone numbers
- Lifestyle changes and self-management
- Commonly prescribed heart failure medications
- Heart Failure Information for patients
- General Practice Heart Failure Review Template
- Heart Failure Treatment Pathways
- Heart Failure Referrals, Clinics and Staff
- GP Guidance Summary
- Diagnosis of heart failure
- Heart Failure Medications