This website includes the current Oxfordshire guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure. The content is written by consultant cardiologists from Oxford University Hospitals NHS foundation trust.
Oxfordshire guidelines approved by Oxfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group are linked below as web pages, also available from the ClinOx website.
- Diagnosis and initial treatment of heart failure, including BNP testing
- Expected treatment pathways for patients with heart failure with reduced and preserved ejection fraction
- Checklist for regular review of patients with heart failure
- Medications and local heart failure formulary
- Protocol for the use of SGLT2 inhibitors in patients with heart failure
A summary of the main points of guidance is available on this page, and also as a downloadable PDF below.
Other pages on the website are below, but please note that those not in the list above are informal advice not approved by OCCG.
Full list of all GP advice pages
- Use of SGLT2 inhibitors for the treatment of heart failure.
- Heart Failure Medications
- GP Guidance Summary
- General Practice Heart Failure Review Template
- Heart Failure Treatment Pathways
- Diagnosis of heart failure
- Useful websites and telephone numbers
- Lifestyle changes and self-management
- Commonly prescribed heart failure medications
- Heart Failure Information for patients